The Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) Program, provides $42.45 billion to expand high-speed internet access by funding planning, infrastructure deployment and adoption programs in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Resources intended to assist prospective applicants prepare grant applications
This 2-pager provides a snapshot of all the broadband programs that NTIA is administering.
This resource provides an overview of broadband deployment engineering and looks at network architecture, infrastructure elements, business models, and technologies.
This resource provides an overview of the challenges of deploying broadband, the economics of networks and important considerations.
This is the first of two resources designed to help states and localities develop a stakeholder engagement strategy.
This is the second of two resources designed to help states and localities develop a stakeholder engagement strategy.
This resource looks at right-of-way access, dig once for burial deployments, and pole attachment policies that could reduce construction costs and accelerate project deployment.
This resource looks at the process of collecting, organizing, and tracking data on relevant infrastructure assets that can be utilized for broadband deployment.
This resource outlines specific ways states can prepare for the Notices of Funding Opportunity for the Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment Program and Digital Equity Act Programs.
This resource provides a summary of how states should be preparing for the broadband programs.
Events hosted by NTIA intended to provide program information and technical assistance to prospective applicants
Internet for All Webinar Series
We host webinars to help you understand the different grant programs. We explain the details of each Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). And we offer guidance, answer questions, and share additional resources.
- May 16, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series: Bipartisan infrastructure Law Overview
- May 17, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series: Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) Program
- May 18, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series: Digital Equity Act Programs
- May 19, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series: Enabling Middle Mile Broadband Infrastructure Program
- May 23, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series: Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Overview
- May 26, 2022: Internet for All Webinar Series - NOFO Technical Assistance Webinar: Enabling middle Mile Broadband Infrastructure Program Application Process
Pre-Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Technical Assistance Webinars
NTIA hosted a pre-NOFO technical assistance webinar series in March-May 2022 in connection with the five new broadband grant programs authorized and funded by IIJA. These webinars are designed to help prospective applicants understand NTIA's IIJA broadband grant programs and to assist applicants to prepare high quality grant applications.
- May 11, 2021: Pre-NOFO Technical Assistance Webinar: Supply Chains and Workforce Development
- April 27, 2022: Pre-NOFO Technical Assistance Webinar: Digital Equity & Inclusion
- April 6, 2022: Pre-NOFO Technical Assistance Webinar: Enabling Conditions
See all Upcoming Events
See all Past Events